Wax Resist Ghosts!
- We learned that crayons are made from wax, and when they are applied to paper it protects the surface, creating a wax resist.
- We used stencils to trace the ghosts and pumpkins, which we then colored in using crayons. We also practiced writing Boo and Happy Halloween!
- We applied black watercolor over the wax drawings, which relieved our 'hidden' designs like magic!
A Mini Me!
For our first art project, we created a mini version of ourselves as kindergarteners. We worked very hard for three art classes to complete them!
We learned how to...
- Trace using stencils.
- Cut on the lines using scissors.
- Paste using glue sticks.
- Overlap using pieces of paper.
- Add details by using yarn, buttons, eyes, and markers.